Sunday, May 27

KINDER SURPRISE



So back in 1986 I remember eating as many kinder eggs as my mom would buy me (which was not very often as she said they were a wast of money). The reason for this was so I could get my hands a figurine of the Mexico 86 world cup mascot. Without the luck of Charlie Bucket I failed in finding one.

Anyway a while ago I did find the theme tune from the Mexico World Cup Grandstand in a local chaza. I don't remember it at the time (some of my older amigo's from this blog may remember it). It's a BBC classic. Didn't the BBC commission good tunes back in the day?

Produced by Heads who were John Salmon, Mark Campbell and Bruce Talbot. Haven't got any more information but I'm guessing these guys have produced other crackers.




Aztec Lightning (Theme from BBC World Cup Grandstand) - Heads

Mayan Interlude - Heads

I apologise for the bad quality. I still haven't got myself any new styluses.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

quality

jib said...

nice find mit.
have you ever heard colourbox's (alternative 86)
official world cup theme...

jib said...

i think i've put the b-side up - the second part is their take on a world cup theme.

MIT said...

No I've not heard it before. I'll give it a listen. Cheers Jib