Saturday, March 31

JIBz Saturday Rippin'


Probably a Robbery
OK so jack slack has his weekly foreplay, now were gonna get down to some real sex. each saturday my *intention* is to rip a piece of my old vinyl for my benefit more than anyone else's - so actually it's masturbation, consider it a treat for my doing it publicly as i'm not known for my exhibitionism.
Second up (after rockberry) is this Thomson Twins B side from '82. Their Quick Step and Side Kick LP was the joint 3rd record i ever owned (maybe we should all post our first owned music it could be interesting, or embaressing) from which came the A side of this 12" - 'Lies' which I rescued from my aunt's loft about 10 years ago, i think it belonged to my cousin, it was dusty as fuck and looked like it had been scratched with wire wool. Well with some TLC, soapy warm water and de-pop n click technology it sounds fair enough to post.
Anyway, I lost my spanky walkman mobile last weekend, i was proper pissed, but it was probably a robbery, hence this choice - btw Renegade Soundwave came a close second.


Thomson Twins - (Long) Beach Culture

PS good work kids, great to hear the blog coming of age. lets keep it eclectic for the f-f-freaks

1 comment:

MIT said...

The first record I ever bought myself was Tiffany - I think we're alone now.

The first record that I ever owned (was bought for me) was Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)

I have developed a good taste in music since (I hope)